Recent Posts

Thursday, March 30

Doorway Flash by Michael Patrick Brewster

Doorway Flash Entry
by Michael Patrick Brewster

I drive through the tunnel. I call it a tunnel because it cuts through a ridge topped by an ancient railroad. Also, it's a doorway to a magical world.

The magic only happens at dusk, when the light is low and the mists rise seductively. You have to walk through the center of the tunnel, slowly. You have to stand on the center yellow line, just as a car is coming toward you. Then step in front of it.

8 reactions:

Kelly Parra said...

Wow, that's one heck of a doorway, Michael!! Great job. =D

anne frasier said...

love it!

jason evans said...

The deer in my area pass a similar legend down through the generations.

Jer said...

Powerful.

Jay said...

Jason: HAAA-haha! that comment jumpstarted my afternoon!

LM said...

jason, ha! I've just moved back to Upstate NY from Las Vegas, so I'm remembering all the deer lore :-p

everyone, thanks for the comments

mpb

Jeff said...

Nice job. :)

Robin said...

Has a beautifully macabre feel, I liked it!