Recent Posts

Thursday, March 30

Doorway Flash by Tom Mason

"Changes"
Doorway Flash Entry
by Tom Mason

"You're too predictable," she said. "I need some excitement in my life. Can you understand that?"

He understood now. When he thought stability, she thought boring.

He followed her to the doorway. She made one last appeal, "Aren't you even going to try and stop me?"

He looked at her with tears sliding down his face thinking, "I want to change. I don't know how."

The door shut with them on opposite sides.

He remained silent.

She knew he would.

12 reactions:

bornfool said...

Kelly,
I just wanted to thank you for posting this. Much appreciated.

Kelly Parra said...

Tom, good emotional impact in such a brief scene! And you're very welcome and I'm glad you contributed. =D

anne frasier said...

i agree with kelly. nice emotion.

Monica said...

WOW..but then I knew BF was a great writer so I'm really not surprised.

WordWhiz said...

Excellent! Sometimes people know each other TOO well.

Fantastagirl said...

Wow...Fantastic....

Monique said...

Excellent story!!

Da Gal said...

This is great! Just what I needed too, another blog to read. :)

Paul said...

Real good. Reminds me of K. Vonnegut. Real good.

Robin said...

This is so real I can't begin to describe. Absolutely loved it!

Merle said...

Hi Tom ~~ A good story in very few words. Enjoyed reading some of your previous work. Keep it up.
Cheers, Merle.

Abandoned in Pasadena said...

This is good.